Thursday, August 6, 2009

The mind of a 12-year old girl.

I've been packing/storing/selling/donating all my things, as I'm movin' away and ne'er comin' back. Or something like that. I've decided to run like the skinniest slat-ribbed rat you ever did see from the sinking ship that is California. For a while. A breather. I need a rest.

So, in the spirit of shedding an old skin, I've been going through all my stored papers and sorting what's important from what isn't - 8 boxes of paper so far thrown out or awaiting a shredder. But in the midst of these piles of mouldering dusty notes, I've found a wealth of old journal entries.

Now let me tell you, I was a journal-writing fool when I was a kid. Not a day went by without something being scratched in a notebook. And I found a very odd bit of writing today, front and back of the sheet have competely different tones, and I scratch my head a bit, trying to remember what it was like. I'll transcribe here, all misspellings from the original retained.

Side 1:
"Marijuana
Aspirin
LSD -
cocaine
glue - solvent
tobacco
lalalalalalalalalalalalalala
PCP - angel dust
Speed - methedrine
opium
morphine
deneral - methedome
gasoline vapors - solvent
hashish
alcohol"

Page 2:
"3/16/83
Breakfast - small bowl of Raisan Bran or 1/2 grapefruit
Shower - 6:30
Dressed - 6:45
Blow-dry hair - 6:50
Homework together - 7:00
Sneaks + Jacket - 7:10
Catch Bus - 7:25
Locker - 7:35
Mrs. Mercier - 7:42 (about)
Look at Paul - 7:42-8:45
Mr. Wilbur - (look at Paul) 8:48-9:30
Mrs. Chykowski - Math
- talk to Jody about P + J
- look at Paul
- talk to Paul
Band - look at Tim Foster, the drummer
1st period lunch - look at Eric Reber
2nd period lunch - look at Eric V., Richard C.
6th Period - (health) look at DJ
Gym - hope that we'll be playing with the boys
Music - look at Chris Drake
Rush to bus
falsely bump into Jim
Go home and dream about next day."

Really. I guess this goes to remind me that children are crazy. Or at least I was. And hyper-sexed. That much I remember. Instinct cranks it up! Fascination with sex and drugs begins early, early, early. I can remember boys asking me if I was a virgin when 10 years old...I had no idea what they were talking about, thought it was bad, and so misjudged and said "No!" with a horrified face.

Hilarity ensued.

I vaguely remember Chris Drake being my first kiss, even if it was just a peck on the cheek and a flower. Ah, memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment