Friday, March 27, 2009

San Diego.

I need a pen name.

But aside from that, am going to San Diego this weekend. I've only been once before, at a time when my car wasn't sure it could make it...and neither was my wallet. This will be a slightly different experience. Have used some of my very exciting (to me) Holiday Inn points to stay in an Express called Cardiff By The Sea, about 25 miles outside the city. Essentially a free weekend getaway. And why? Because I need sleep. And quiet. And neotony.

San Diego Zoo should be filled to the brim with baby animals by now. Spring and the mating instinct walking hand-in-hand, there's sure to be some frisky business still going on in the pens. I never quite know how to feel in a zoo. Guilt is a predominant friend for the day. However, the koalas and baby gazelles call, and I must obey.

Hm-mmm....had never bothered to look before, but Lonely Planet has a lovely website. After a discussion with good friends over huge dinners last night, I feel a need to go to Mexico. Bad timing I guess, with all the cartel action and exciting murders. Although after reading a decent article at bajainsider.com regarding the recent traveler's warning, it doesn't seem as daunting (and according to the stats, New Orleans suffers three times the murder rate of Tijuana, ha). I'm not Tijuana-bound....that would be awful. I'm interested in Guanajuato, which is supposed to be a gorgeous city. The only thing I might pass on (yeah, right) is the mummies museum. Will give more information as plans develop.

Oh my god! Butterfly jungle at San Diego Zoo! April 4-26. Guess I'll have to drive back down next weekend ^^ This - THIS - is what I get for not doing my homework before I make hotel reservations. Oh, butterfly keeper, you are envied (watching video).......

No comments:

Post a Comment